Community Energy Plan (CEP)
Arlington’s award-winning Community Energy Plan (CEP) is a long-term vision for transforming how we generate, use, and distribute energy. The plan was unanimously adopted by the board in 2013. Residents and businesses can expect a variety of benefits as we work to realize this long-term plan:
- Reducing energy costs that will save residents and businesses money,
- Generating energy locally with the use of renewables and other technologies,
- And reaching our goal of a 75% lower carbon footprint by 2050.
Read the full Community Energy Plan here, or find a specific chapter from the links below:
- Chapter 1: Context for the Plan
- Chapter 2: Current Conditions
- Chapter 3: Approach
- Chapter 4: Goals and Policies
County staff are currently leading a five-year review and update to the Community Energy Plan. The E2C2 Energy Committee is also providing a technical review of the plan and providing feedback. The Community Energy Plan was unanimously adopted by the County Board as an element of the county's Comprehensive Plan.
Do you have questions about the Community Energy Plan or suggestions how it could be improved? Send your thoughts to energy @arlingtonva.us.
Community Energy Plan Implementation
Arlington's energy team is working with various partners to implement the county's Community Energy Plan. Here are some examples of how we're helping residents and businesses save energy.