Home Energy Rebates are available for Arlington residents! You can apply for up to $575 if you add insulation or air sealing to you home, or if you replace your water heater or heating/cooling system with an efficient model.
As of January 2017, 167 Arlingtonians have used the Home Energy Rebates to cut their energy bills. We expect that rebate money will be available through at least Spring 2017. Follow these simple steps to get paid:
1. Make energy upgrades to your home
The following items are eligible for the Arlington rebate. You can follow the links below for more detailed eligibility criteria, the links go to each item’s ENERGY STAR page:
- Central air conditioners, furnaces, boilers, and heat pumps (including geothermal heat pumps) – $575 rebate. Your equipment will need to meet the efficiency minimums, generally 15-16 SEER or 95 AFUE. We recommend you ask your contractor to perform a “Manual J” calculation to ensure the system is sized properly, since oversized systems cost more and operate less efficiently. We’re also happy to answer your technical questions at email@example.com
- Water heaters – $250 rebate. Electric water heaters need to have an energy factor of 2.0 or higher, and gas/oil/propane water heaters require an energy factor of 0.82 or higher to be eligible.
- Air sealing and insulation – 50% of your expenses (excluding labor) are eligible. You must spend at least $200, and you can receive up to $575. Generally, insulation or air sealing products are eligible, but follow the link for more detail. For more information on air sealing/insulating your attic or walls, follow the links to the Department of Energy’s Solution Center.
Searching for a professional to perform your energy upgrades? Here is a directory of contractors who have participated in the program.
Make sure you save your receipts or another proof of payment, since you’ll need them when filling out your application.
2. Download, complete, and submit the application
Once work has been completed in your home, download the application, fill it out (making sure you attach dated, itemized proof of payment, and if you’re applying for the insulation or air sealing rebate include photos of completed work), and mail your completed applications to Arlingtonians for a Clean Environment, 3308 S. Stafford St., Arlington, VA 22206.
Electronic submissions will not be accepted. You are eligible for a rebate if you are an Arlington resident, you’re upgrading your existing home, and the upgrades occurred on or after May 4, 2016.
3. Cash your rebate check and enjoy your lower energy bills!
It’s that easy.
We’re here to guide you through the process. Send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org