Any group, business, or individual 18 years or older can adopt a park, playground, trail, sports field, stream or other area in our parks and recreation facilities. Your help is overwhelmingly appreciated.
We expect adoptive groups and individuals to support the area at least quarterly (spring, summer, fall and winter), but it depends on the group’s goals and progress. The adopting group works in coordination with park staff by checking on the park and reporting needed repairs and maintenance.
Depending on interests and skill set, people can take on projects such as landscaping, removing invasive plants and trail maintenance in coordination with park staff — though simply picking up trash is an great way to support a park.
Arlington Environmental Heroes
- ServPro of South Arlington
- Girl Scout Troop 2971
- Bean, Kinney & Korman
- The Lewin Group
- Families of Johnson Hill
- Alpha Phi Alpha
- Waverly Hills Civic Association
- GWU Baseball Team
- Arlington Girls Softball Association
- Arlington Babe Ruth
- Health Central
- Mt. Olivet United Methodist Church
- Waycroft Woodlawn Civic Association
- Long Branch Creek Civic Association
- Tree Stewards of Northern Virginia
- Mary McCutcheon
- Jo Allen
- Ann Marie & Eric Douglass