- For all emergencies, call 911. This includes downed power lines, fallen trees that are blocking streets and safety issues that need immediate attention.
- For power lines that are threatened by trees or branches, call Dominion Energy at 1-888-667-3000.
- For hazardous trees or branches over state roads, call Virginia Department of Transportation at 703-486-3393.
- Call the Department of Parks and Recreation at 703-228-6525 for fallen or hazardous trees and branches on Arlington County streets and in parks during regular business hours (Mon.-Fri., 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.) or email Parks Maintenance. To suggest maintenance of a tree on County property, use our online form.
- Trees on power lines are by state law the domain of the utility company. As soon as power lines are removed from trees, we, or the owner of the tree, can remove the tree.
Downed Power Lines
- Stay clear of downed power lines and downed trees in their vicinity, even if you believe that the lines are dead or have been de-energized by the power company.
- Lines can become re-energized as circuits are restored or come into contact with live lines.
- Power company assessment crews often visit sites before repair crews are dispatched.
- Don’t assume that lines have been de-energized just because a power company crew has visited the site.