The Tree Canopy Fund provides grants to plant trees on private property or to maintain trees designated in the Champion Tree Program and are designated or under application for protection through the County’s Tree and Shrub Ordinance as specimen, heritage, or memorial tree. Each new tree will be about two inches in diameter and grow to a canopy tree. You are eligible to receive a Tree Canopy Fund grant if you represent a
- Civic and homeowner association
- Community nonprofit organization
- Civic service club
- School-related group
- Ad hoc neighborhood group
- Places of worship
New for Spring 2020 – the opportunity to apply for small trees for property owners with small front yards impeded by utility lines.
Tree Canopy Fund Grant Application Process
- Fri., Dec. 20, 2019: Deadline to submit an application. Complete this application to request a large tree. Property owners with small front yards impeded by utility lines, complete this application to request a Sweetbay Magnolia or Redbud.
- Mid-January 2020: Applicants will be notified of final decision.
- March/April 2020: EcoAction Arlington will contact applicants with an estimated planting date. Trees will be planted by the end of April.
Learn more about the Tree Canopy Fund Grant Program here.