The Tree Canopy Fund provides grants to plant trees on private property or to maintain trees designated in the Champion Tree Program and are designated or under application for protection through the County’s Tree and Shrub Ordinance as specimen, heritage, or memorial tree. Each new tree will be about two inches in diameter and grow to a large canopy trees. You are eligible to receive a Tree Canopy Fund grant if you represent a
- Civic and homeowner association
- Community nonprofit organization
- Civic service club
- School-related group
- Ad hoc neighborhood group
- Places of worship
Tree Canopy Fund Grant Application Process
- June 24 – Deadline for online applications.
- Mid-September: Applicants will be notified of final decision.
- October through January: Trees will be planted by a planting contractor. The contractor will contact applicants with an estimated planting date one week before planting.
Learn more about the Tree Canopy Fund Grant Program here.