- Complete a separate application for each nomination. Nominations are due by 5 p.m. on February 1, 2019. Each nomination should include:
- A completed online nomination form that identifies both the nominee and the nominator by providing the full name of the individual or group, address, phone number and email.
- A written nomination statement (not more than two pages in length) that describes the volunteer activities of the nominee, including the time committed, the type of work activity involved and the resources employed (including other volunteers). The evidence presented must address how the volunteer activities and accomplishments were exemplary, sustainable, and of significant impact or importance. It should also describe and document the extent to which the activities have and will continue to Arlington’s parklands, natural resources and habitats, and outdoor public spaces.
- A written stewardship statement (not more than one page in length) that contains a brief description of the nominee’s role and individual initiative displayed while conducting the volunteer activities. It should also address the nominee’s steward- leader role in the community by discussing how the volunteer activities exemplify courtesy, cooperation and respect with the public, other volunteers and county staff.
- Pertinent, supplemental exhibits, such as documentation with photos, records or other written materials, media accounts, and relevant biographical information. Should these exhibits be unable to be digitized, they may be hand-delivered or postmarked by February 1, 2019 to: Arlington County Department of Parks and Recreation, Attn: Laura Barragan, 2100 Clarendon Blvd, Suite 414, Arlington, VA 22201.
Nominations for The Bill Thomas Park Service Award, including supporting documentation, must be submitted via this online form. Should you be unable to submit your nomination materials online, please contact Laura Barragan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-228-3329 to coordinate.