The 2021 ceremony will be held as part of the recessed Arlington County Board meeting on Tues., April 20 at 3 p.m. Both 2020 and 2021 Notable Trees will be recognized. Watch the live stream of the meeting on Arlington VA’s YouTube channel.
What Makes a Tree Notable?
- Maturity (size: within 5% of largest current notable tree, or, if the species is not on the list, greater than 30 inches for large canopy trees, and greater than 10 inches for small canopy trees)
- Uniqueness of species
- Non-invasive species
What Does Notable Designation Mean?
- Potential plaque recognition
- Placement on County’s register of Notable Trees
- Potential inclusion in neighborhood walking tours
- Authority remains with private land/tree owner
- Nominators other than the tree’s owner should contact the owner for consent before submitting an application.
- Owners may request that their names and addresses not appear on the public listing.
- Volunteers and/or County staff will measure and evaluate the tree’s health and condition before making a recommendation to the Urban Forestry Commission, which makes the final decision, with unanimous consent.
Questions? email email@example.com, or call 703-228-1863