Since 1987, Arlington has identified and registered its most notable trees, as well as the residents who care for them.
What Makes a Tree Notable?
- Maturity (Size/Age)
- Historical or community interest
- Uniqueness of species
- Special significance to the neighborhood
What Does Notable Designation Mean?
- A certificate or plaque
- Placement on County’s register of Notable Trees
- Potential inclusion in neighborhood walking tours
- Authority remains with private land/tree owner
Deadline: Nov. 15, 2018
- Nominators other than the tree’s owner should contact the owner for consent before submitting an application.
- Owners may request that their names and addresses not appear on the public listing.
- Volunteers and/or County staff will measure and evaluate the tree’s health and condition before making a recommendation to the Urban Forestry Commission, which makes the final decision.
Questions? email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 703-228-1863